Monday, December 04, 2006

Screen Capture & Tutorial Creating tools

Today I was searching for Open Source Software that I can use to develop some tutorials and guides as supplement materials for my eLearning Training and support. I have seen Viewlet Builder in action, but I did not like it because
1. It is proprietary, though we have a license for a number of computers.
2. It requires a lot of time and effort to put up a simple tutorial.
My usual search place is sourceforge.net, and I came across CamStudio which did what I needed to do. I two hours, I have a demo of the tutorial I wanted to create. Only glitches are on the time it takes to generate a flash file, and also having to manually edit the output files for it to be visible in Mozilla-based browsers. Other than that, I will be using it until I get/develop a superior product for this kind of work.

No comments: