Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Where do we go from here?

I have been keenly observing and reading what bloggers have predicted for eLearning in 2007. With all the predictions, or at least the ones I have set my eyes on, what struck me is that there was nothing new. At no one time, during my reading did I stop to think...aha...! This is a new idea, I have not heard of it!
  • From the use of open education resources to the use of games in education.
  • From the need for staff retention, training and retraining using eLearning to the mourning of lack of necessary skills for eLearning development.
  • From the growth of new online universities to the transformation of traditional universities.
  • From the use of outsourced learning materials to the use of in-house developed materials.
  • From use of new words to explain what has always been to just repeating the song - maybe in a different tune - you all know that we are better than me.
So, have we reached the end to eLearning or we are just laying in waiting for the Next Big Thing?

No comments: